I followed linuxbabe link to set my tile server so I will not go into much detail regarding the setup instructions, For that you can follow that link.
- You don’t need big files. I used my cities area. You can download the area you want to show from this link and insert your downloaded file in step step 4 of linuxbabe
- Make sure you are using latest version’s of mapnik(v3), postgresql(9.6), openstreetmap-carto(v4.0.0)
- If you use openstreemap-carto version 4.0.0. then you need to run following commands to generate stylesheet:
python get-shapefiles.py carto project.mml > style.xml
- If you get error while installing mod_tile, make sure libtool is installed if not then install it.
- If you get error Socket bind failed for: /var/run/renderd/renderd.sock Then run this command:
sudo chown osm:osm /var/lib/mod_tile
This command will give permissions to the user you created, in my case it was osm.
- If you get error in make while compiling mod_tile follow: https://help.openstreetmap.org/questions/13689/problem-with-mod_tile-make
- If you are facing any issue related to rendering of file then you can use this command:
renderd -f -c /usr/local/etc/renderd.conf
- If you want to pre-render the tiles so that your processor doesn’t do processing everytime you zoom-in then you can do it via:
render_list -m default -a -z 0 -Z 10